rear tube shock conversion

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: rear tube shock conversion
From: Crazeecooter@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 09:36:53 EST
Listers...

I am at the point of my frame off when I am thinking about what to do with my
suspension...

1) I was wondering what those of you who put in the koni conversion kit
thought of it?  How tighter is the ride....does it make it more or less
comfortable when you hit a bump in the road? Does it drastically change the
roll?  Most importantly...is it difficult to install?

2) If I kept the original shocks in the rear....are they adjustable...at all?
 How will they react to a heavy duty spring (do the rally grade springs from
TRF qualify as this?...I do want heavy springs to keep my car from sagging)

3)  Is it possible to put in bilsteins gas shocks in the rear..can the
mounting hardware for the Koni or Monroe kit be used for this purpose

I will be driving this car in the Los Angeles area when it is finished...I
want a "tight" ride...but smooth enough so that my girlfriend will want to
ride in the car as well...(the latter is probably more important...)

Thanks...

Any and all other input or experiences that you guys can offer would be
greatly appreciated.

Jonathan