Re: rear tube shock conversion

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu>
Subject: Re: rear tube shock conversion
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 15:33:58 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <Crazeecooter@aol.com>, "David Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Kai M. Radicke"
>If I were not to opt for the Revington setup, I'd use the one by NAR Inc.
http://www.narinc.com which uses a massive bracket, which is bolted to the
old lever arm damper bracket.  My initial concerns about this kit were
remedied when a lister confirmed that upon full travel of the wheel that
the
bracket does not come into contact with the body.  There is some doubt as
how large the size of your wheels can be with this kit, stock wheels are
fine.
<

I used the TRF kit which worked well but required 16 holes in the coachwork
which is off-putting to some but since my car is a runner, not a shower, I
didn't care.  One problem:  Since my car wasn't perfectly straight (front
and rear end collisions) the bracket rubbed the tire on one side. There was
plenty of room on the other side, though.  Although it isn't noticable when
looking at it there is a slight twist to the car that caused the problem so
I converted back to the HD levers from Apple.  Oh well, on to the TR8.  ;-)

Dave