Re: TR6 side windows

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 side windows
From: "Biedermann, Frank (SSABSA)" <frank@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 09:45:48 +1030
Ian Viles wrote:

> Listers - you may recall my problem with door glass not closing properly
> because the leading edges contacted the screen frame. Rebuilding and
> adjusting the door glass channels etc didn't do the trick. Happily, the
> problem has been resolved by TR Enterprises. The screen pillars were bent.
> Time spent on the rebuild was not wasted as the doors are now rattle free.
> Thanks for suggestions received - I thought the remedy might be of
interest
> to others.
> Ian Viles (Derbyshire, UK)
> 73 TR6

Er, what was the remedy? You've only mentioned the diagnosis, not the cure!
Did you replace the windscreen frame or just straighten it out (and if so,
how did you do it)? As you can probably tell I have a similar problem with
my side windows, and would like to correct it (and the rattles as well).

Thanks,

Frank Biedermann
69 TR6 PI
Adelaide