Stromberg Carb Problem---HELP

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stromberg Carb Problem---HELP
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 08:17:23 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Yesterday I finally got around to adjusting the carbs on my 71 TR6.  The
rear carb could not be adjusted.  The adjusting screw in the piston would
not turn.  The screw in the front carb will adjust, but the rear is solid.
I didn't want to exert to much force and possibly break or strip the screw,
but I did try pretty hard.  I removed the brass screw that holds the needle
from turning, and the whole assembly did turn, but very tightly.  I filled
the cavity on the piston with penetrating oil and left it to soak.  I really
have my doubts that this is going to help.  Also, how do your remove the
needles from the piston?  The manual said to turn the setting screw
counterclockwise (I think) about two turns then remove the needle.  Didn't
work on the front carb.

Any and all advise will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken Waringa
71 TR6 (still needing paint, among other things)
74 Midget