Engine Startup

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Startup
From: Jonathan Beaudoin <jbdoin@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 09:54:07 -0500
Hi list.

    In the preparation of Christmas vacation, I need to order a bunch of
parts to start the engine in my last acquisition.... a 71 TR6. The car
didn't start for the last 10 years!! I have checked everything, and all
seem to me working.. The purpose of this e-mail is to know if somebody
on the list have an idea where I should begin.. The thing is that when I
bought this car, it was suppose to be a parts car. I had to travel
2000kms to get it in Toronto without even seeing it. (my girlfriend
thought I was crazy) Now that the car is in my garage, I cant convince
myself to dismantle it in parts. The body is rust free, the engine
turns, the starter, alternator and everything seems to be working. I
guess I had remord about parting it out. The car is complete and I have
to keep it like this. (I think) So my question is, where do I begin or
what should I do before trying to start it?? Anybody has I idea? Any
suggestion is appreciated like always...

Jonathan Beaudoin
76' TR6 CF55168U
71' TR6 CC63914L