Re: Metric tea and Chinese spanners (castor sugar)

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>, John Dowson <jdo@star.le.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Metric tea and Chinese spanners (castor sugar)
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 20:50:05 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
John,

Don't know what bit of the UK (maybe north of Stafford?) calls spotted
dick, treacle tart:  according to my better half, they are different.
S/Dick is a steamed suet based pudding with raisins, and treacle tart is a
pastry with treacle filling.  Both are jolly good, I might add, 'though I'd
plump for the cornflake version of the treacle tart if I had to choose ;)

Tony