69 GT6 rear panels/crazy cool tool

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 69 GT6 rear panels/crazy cool tool
From: LBPB1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 06:14:59 EST
Hi guys,
             Thanks for the info on the rear valence. Now I have a question
about two holes drilled and pluged in the bulkhead behind the seats. They are
outboard of the holes and bracket for the trailing link and have rubber
factory plugs in them. They look to be about a 1/4 inch and are arranged
vertically about 2 inches apart. Were they for seatbelts? What?
              Also, While I was at the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona I saw a neat
little tool. It is a drill powered nibbler. Now I dont go for gimmick type
stuff and I am very conservative when it comes to money for such things.
However,  this thing was too cool to pass up. Man does it rip through rusted
body panels! I cut the rear valence out in about a min. and it is really
quiet for that kind of operation. It is very small so you can cut inside and
outside corrners (like when removing floor boards) and it comes with two
bench mounts for it and your drill. I set it up that way to play and was
writting my name in a piece of steel! It removes about an eighth inch as it
cuts and the guy selling the things says that it will cut about 300 ft. on
each bitt. It will cut steel up to about a quarters thickness, but wont last
long doing that. Cutting car steel ......well one bit ought to remove all the
floors in the GT. It says to oil often if you are cutting aluminum which I
havent done yet, but it will also cut wood like a paint stick (I split one
with a curvey cut) which might come in handy when making door or other trim
panels or for cutting out new veneer for a dash, etc. It was kind of
expensive at $180.00, but it does the job like nothing else I have used and I
have done a lot of this kind of thing. I will have to see how it holds up in
the long run, but so far its toooooo coooool !

PLB3