Re: Results of Auto Transport Trailer Saga

To: Ronald Olds <tr6@pipeline.com>
Subject: Re: Results of Auto Transport Trailer Saga
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 08:13:38 -0700
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net, mg-t@autox.team.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Ron,
The trouble with U-Haul and their trailers, is that they don't want you
to rent the trailer without also renting the truck to pull it.  In peak
moving months, the trailers are in high demand and therefore they can
reserve them to be used only by folks who are renting a large truck and
want to tow their car behind.  In off peak months they relax those
restrictions and allow certain high demand areas to set higher rates.

Why do they do this?   Just like the dog, because they can!

(some won't understand that dog reference, and I won't elaborate)

Regards,
Joe

P.S. Now get to work on that MGB!

--