Re: TR250...Help!

To: tomiller@fuse.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR250...Help!
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:23:43 EST
In a message dated 99-11-29 21:26:41 EST, tomiller@fuse.net writes:

<< Is there any sort of networking capabilities where someone could look at a
 car for another if it is too far away to get to easily? I have a few more
 leads on some 250's but none unfortunately within easy commuting distance. >>

List & T.O.M.:

I've often pondered this question, too.  Would such a service be best served
through volunteer groups under VTR?  Maybe the network of TR clubs could be
the regional contact points with each club maintaining a list of members who
would help outI  I know that I would be glad to help with "proxy car visits".
 To avoid confusion that may come from subjective evaluations during car
visits, perhaps a common checklist similar to one used in judging LBCs at
shows, could be blessed by VTR and used for all evaluations.

During the summer of '98, I responded back to a guy about 300 miles from my
home on the condition of a local TR6 I looked at (and turned down).  It was a
very fair price but not my color.  The owner asked me if I'd give the long
distance buyer my opinion on the car since I'd seen it.  I don't know if the
guy ever bought the car but he got an honest assessment of the car & its
value.

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (Being Reborn For Y2K)
'70 Spitfire Mk3 FDU78512L