TR250...Help!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR250...Help!
From: "T. O. Miller" <tomiller@fuse.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 21:25:24 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Thought I had a TR250 for myself, but when I went to look at it I found the
frame to have been sloppily repaired and rust still in abundance. The
differential was dripping visibly while on the lift. My wife and I took
turns driving it so we could both get the "feel" of it and then listen as
well. It made some very scary sounds and shudders from the rear. The current
owner was firm on the asking price of $8500 and it did not seem to be a
bargain. In took the advice of the TR250 data I found on the net and walked
away (as much as that hurt). Did this seem like a fair price? The interior
was in fair condition. And the repaint was generally nice but sloppy in
places.
Is there any sort of networking capabilities where someone could look at a
car for another if it is too far away to get to easily? I have a few more
leads on some 250's but none unfortunately within easy commuting distance.
How does one consider a purchase from afar?
Sorry for all the questions but this is new to me and I'm trying not to be
impulsive or stupid about this.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Best,

T.O.M.