Re: Emmission Inspections

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Emmission Inspections
From: "scott s." <75270_3703a@csi.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:34:53 -1000 (HST)
On Sun, 28 Nov 1999 18:36:21 -0500, Ken & Beth wrote:

>Here in Maryland, historic tags (25+ years) let you forego
emmisions
>testing. My 1970 GT6+ has headers, free flow (LOUD) Monza
exhaust, and plugs
>everywhere emmisions ever were.
>
>ken shapiro
>baltimore

Is there some site that tells what the emission and registration
requirements are for the US?  It would be nice.  I tried everything
I could think of to find out the MD laws, never could find anything
on it.  MD also has "classic" tags right?  What are the rules /
advantages of these?  I'm currently registered in LA.  Due to
military service, it is easier to shop around for car registration
services,  though if I get someone mad I could probably be
cited (LA tags are $10/year and were $5 until recently).

scott s.
.