gears

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: gears
From: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 12:15:33 -0500
I've been coping with this irregularity since I got my TR 6 in October
'98 and kinda become so accustomed to it that I just consider it normal
operation, but I know better.
When I am sitting still with engine running I MUST keep the car in
gear.  If I put the transmission in neutral and idle for even a short
time I can't get back into gear without shutting off selecting a gear
and restarting.  Now if I keep the car in gear with the clutch depressed
there is not a problem other than my foot getting tired.
John Summers