Re: HELP! with glazing putty

To: Gbouff1@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HELP! with glazing putty
From: Tr3bob@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 00:14:24 EST
Hi Gary,
My experience with glazing putty is very limited, but I've applied it with a
plastic spatula to cover the most minor of imperfections.
Remember, you're not trying to build up any holes with it, that's what the
filler is for. Feel the fenders to determine smoothness....any waviness MUST
be first taken out with filler. The filler tends to be coarse and after
finish sanding, will leave imperfections in the filler....the putty will fix
that.
After the fenders are smooth, I generally take a bead of putty on the feather
edge of the spatula, go to the area and forcefully draw the spatula over
it.......the only pink you should see is where the putty filled the minor
sanding marks and imperfections......nothing more.
Let me know how you make out.
Bob Stahlbush
66 MGB GHN3L 78708
60 TR3A TS 81398L
PS did you use a "long board" on the filler? How about that "blocking"
technique that Bob Howard wrote about in the Marque last spring?