A Truiumph Christmas Decoration

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: A Truiumph Christmas Decoration
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 00:25:06 -0700
Who'd a thunk it?  The rust bucket TR6 as a thing of beauty.  OK, so it
takes the darkness of night to make it happen, but at least it looks
good 12 hours a day.  I'd seen all those wire reindeer and other
assorted figures lit up in people's yards so I thought why the heck even
a rust bucket Triumph could compete with that.  I strung lights up the
bonnet (or where the bonnet would be if it had one), the doors, the
boot, up the fenders (those rust holes make a great place for those
plastic light holders), around the bumpers and  wheel wells and the top
and at the bottom of the doors.  I put those chasing lights on all four
wheels so there's some crazy spinning motions.

Amusing to see people actually stop and look at the silly thing.  The
old girl looks pretty good in the dark and it started right up (and
idles darn smooth) so I could drive it to the end of the driveway.  Kind
of a hoot giving the old Triumph a role in the Holidays and I only had
to shovel a little snow to dig it out.

Bud Rolofson

P.S. I stole this idea from a junkyard here in Colorado.  When Brad
Kahler and I were out looking for a TR3 tub we saw one at this junkyard
but I swear they doubled the asking price on him because it was one of
their "Christmas cars" that they decorated with Christmas lights and
they just didn't want to lose it because it had such cool lines and
looked so good with lights on it.  Brad let them keep it (I know that's
a hard one to believe).