Right Angel Speedo Drive

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Right Angel Speedo Drive
From: "JSB" <JimBrady@sprintmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 19:48:35 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Greetings fellow Triumph Enthusiasts:

Can a right angle hand speedo drive, from a TR4/250, be fitted on a TR3
overdrive tranny?  I'm getting ready to "button up" my recently rebuilt TR3
and notice the speedo cable is going to have a pretty sharp bend into the
tranny - it's going to be awfully tight fit once the transmission cover is
put on (I think the body tub is sitting a bit toward the driver side of the
frame).  I'm thinking an angle drive will eliminate sticky and broken
cables.  Any suggestions?

Also as part of the rebuild I purchased a new cable - the long cable - the
one for the overdrive (I think 96 inches).  This cable seems way to long...
I've run the cable from the gauge, through the firewall and up along the tub
lip just in front of the battery compartment.  It then runs down through the
transmission "well".  I'd guess it's too long by aboutn 18 inches.  Have I
"routed" the cable wrong or did I purchase the wrong cable?

Thansk in advance for the help.

Jim Brady
Leawood, KS
1960 TR3