Re: A certain old Standard and another old Triumph

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A certain old Standard and another old Triumph
From: bruce childers <bruce_childers@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 10:34:24 -0800 (PST)
Along with everyone else, I've had my share of folks telling
neat stories about LBCs.  The one incident that I enjoyed the
most was 9-10 yrs ago: I came out of the Reston Regional Library
in Fairfax County, VA, to discover an *entire* family *sitting*
in my TR-3!  The father was in the drivers seat, mother in the
passenger seat, and two little kids in the so-called back seat.
The father had his hands on the steering wheel and was making
"vroom, vroom" noises.  When I asked what they were doing, the
father very sheepishly said, "I owned one of these once and I
wanted my kids to see what it was like to sit in one."  Although
it took a lot of nerve to jump into somebody else's car, I got a
rather big kick out of it.

Cheers,

Bruce