TR-3A Motor Mounts

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR-3A Motor Mounts
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@lightspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 12:04:18 -0800
     I just had a TR-6 overdrive transmission installed in my TR-3A. Now one
of the front motor mounts sounds like it is metal on metal. I am ordering
new mounts from Moss. My Haynes manual says very little about motor mounts.
Does anyone know any good tricks for changing the mounts with the engine
still in the car?
     Also, the mechanic that installed the transmission said that it would
be an "A-type". The overdrive only works in 3rd & 4th which tells me it
might be a "J-type". I thought that A-types worked in 2nd, 3rd & 4th. How do
you tell the difference visually? Any thoughts on the matter?

     Bill Brewer, Tehachapi, CA
     1960 TR-3A TS 72747 LO  -Driver
     1961 TR-3A TS 75407 L     -Project