Re: Auto Trailer

To: <fergie@ntplx.net>
Subject: Re: Auto Trailer
From: "Scoti" <Scoti@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:34:39 -0800
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Michael,

I tow a '76 18 foot self-contained travel trailer with my '89 Chevy Astro
Van with the 4.3 with no trouble.  I have 221,000 miles on the van and the
motor's never been worked on.  Make sure you tow only in 3rd gear, not in
the overdrive position on the transmission.  IMHO the tranny is the most
suspect part of the vehicle.  I did tow the trailer with an '86 Chevy S-10
and it had some trouble with the weight of the trailer being more than the
weight of the truck.  But that went away with the van and I think the weight
of the combination you're towing is much less.

Good luck.

Dana
'73 TR6 CF9690U
Temple City, CA