RE: Auto trailer

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Auto trailer
From: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 08:49:36 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Michael :

Sounds reasonable to me.  I pulled a TR3 over 2000 miles on a single axle
trailer, no brakes, behind a Chevy Citation with a 2.8 V6, through the
Rockies, and had no trouble.

However, I'd suggest checking the tow rating of the S10 Blazer (I believe it
varies with equipment, rear axle ratio, etc.).  If it isn't at least 3000
pounds (probably is), then consider fitting a transmission temp gauge, so
you know to stop and rest when it gets too hot.  Even if a shop installs the
gauge, it's a lot cheaper than blowing a trans.

Randall