Wheels. Studs, Disk, and Wire.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheels. Studs, Disk, and Wire.
From: "Roger Colson" <sassamon@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:18:38 -0500
Hello listers,

     My TR3 came with both steel and wire wheels.  What I would like to
do is set up so I could use both.

    I have heard that spacers can be used between the hub and the wire
wheels so that the original studs can be used.  Revington TR lists the
spacers.  But I would like to purchase from a US supplier.  To save the
shipping and duties.

    Has anyone used spacers with their wire wheels?

    Is there a US supplier of the spacers?

    As the studs are currently the short ones, I would need to go to the
long ones.   I was looking up prices today and they average $4 each.
TRF has the TR6 studs on sale right now.  The front studs are the same
as the TR3 but the rear have a different part number.

    Would the rear studs from the TR6 fit the TR3?  10 inch Girling drums.

    Would the studs be available from an autoparts store?  What are the
generic measurements for ordering?

Thank you.

Roger Colson
57 TR3  TS21383L