RE: TR3/Ferrari

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com
Subject: RE: TR3/Ferrari
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 16:11:11 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On the subject of Ferrari lookalikes (pardon the stray here), but how many
of you recall the 'Puma', the Brazilian-made, VW-powered 246 Dino copy. How
about one of those shells on a TR7?

Further along the thread of odd-bodied Triumphs, there is a picture in the
Krause book 'Triumph Sports Cars' of a TR3 coupe. I'm caught with my book
down once again, but was this a possible factory plan similar to the
Francorchamps TR2's of Belgium? Krause said only 1 or 2 were produced (?).
Any ideas on what became of this model?

Cheers, JD