Re: HELP...Coolant question

To: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Subject: Re: HELP...Coolant question
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 21:29:44 -0500
Cc: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Michael;

Brown coolant is the stuff you want to get rid of!!  :~) Just kidding, but I
only know of two colors
of coolant , green and the new pink colored Dex-Cool junk that's being passed
off as 100,000 mile or 5 year anti-freeze. I'm in the automotive fluid
maintenance business, and we've seen a number of these newer cars with this
stuff in them where the coolant has started to crystallize and gel. Pretty
nasty stuff.  A lot of the technicians at dealerships are ganking the pink
stuff in favor of the good ol' green coolant.
Some cars, ie:, Volkswagen and Porsche take a low silica formulation of
coolant, but these requirements are normally handled by the top manufacturers
of antifreeze.

Christmas Cheer,

Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6