Re: Frame-off restoration - Where to start?

To: dfscharpf@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Frame-off restoration - Where to start?
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 10:01:59 -0800

Steph,

Let me "second" everything Dan had to say, especially the following.  By the
time that I got to reassembling my TR6 during it's frame-off restoration, years
had passed and I would have had no idea where some of those nut/bolts came from
it if it wasn't for the fact that I had about a zillion zip-loc bags each
containing a piece of paper explaining where the contents came from and any
diagrams/schematics.  The tear down process was slow and tedious, to be sure,
but well worth it when it came to time to put it all back together!!

Dave Stauffacher
Ramona, Ca
1970 TR6 PI ... just finshed after a 5 year frame-off restoration!

In addition to
this, buy some ziplock bags for your parts, and label EVERYTHING. After
a while many srews start to look the same, and you don't want to end up
with "extra parts".