battery life

To: "triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: battery life
From: "David Lee" <davelee1@home.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 19:23:27 -0800
Hi Everyone
I just put Justin Wagners valve cover gasket in my tr4 after baking it
yesterday.  It did the trick and it looks good too.
Thanks Justin!

Anyhow I seen to have a problem where I never consider the obvious when
troubleshooting problems.  My poor mileage is most likely a combination of
poorly tuned carbs, misaligned needle/jet and dag nabbit maybe just maybe
the small leak in my gas line hidden under the carb.  Im not sure if the
leak is new since it never squirted me before but hopefully its the only
leak I have.

To my real question!  How long do you think a car could run with a non
functioning generator?  I havent hooked my ammeter back up since Im planning
on yanking and refinishing my dash and Im pretty sure the generators wired
and working but if it werent would I be able to drive very far?  I have an
electric fuel pump and thats all I can think would be draining the battery
other than the small amount needed for the spark.

Thanks for your time!
David Lee
64 no oil leak TR4