Radio

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Radio
From: William Hook <wghook@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 13:51:04 +0000
You might try Tayman Electrical.   They replace the insides of your original
radio and seem to maintain a very original exterior.  NFI etc.
Hope they are not one of the anti foreign sites you found...

Tayman Electrical
http://www.gate.net/~gtayman/index.html

> Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 07:06:20 -0500
> From: "John A. Simmons" <jsimmons@intrepid.net>
> Subject: radio
>
> I have an orginial radio in my TR6 (little triumph emblems and all) that
> still works, however I would like to change to a modern stereo...SNIP....  I
>found a
> couple of sites on the Web for classic car radios, but after emailing them
> they informed me they didn't do "foreign".  Merry Christmas to all!
>
> John, '71 TR6
> Berekely Springs, WV

ALSO

> Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 14:00:52 -0500
> From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
> Subject: RE: radio
>

> http://www.custom-autosound.com/ has radios that fit.  They have one version
> that allows for an external CD changer.  I have one of the "lesser" versions
> and its worked fine...

 I just bought an AM/FM unit with the external CD from Custom Autosound for my
sons' 66 "T bird"...It arived in time for Christmas and seems to be well
thought out with all of the wires marked and of good quality.... however...
the unit has an internal problem and I am currently packing it up to send back
to the factory...    Tech support has been great so far..  I will report again
on how well they follow through...

Good luck,
Bill Hook  57'TR3