Re: Totally Triumphs Only Auction

To: <N197TR4@cs.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Totally Triumphs Only Auction
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 06:59:28 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
> At the same time...is it a benefit to the list to draw attention to items
> posted or is it a breach of protocol?

Joe,

I'll be interested to see what the general consensus is from the list
members with respect to your question.

It's really not a black and white issue since the TTA is a not for profit
"co-op", if you will, developed by a list member specifically for the
benefit and use of other list members.  In other words, I feel that the
Totally Triumphs Auction belongs to the list members as a whole as much as
it does to me as an individual, so the promotion of it is something that I'm
going to leave in the hands of the list members.

I cannot determine whether or not the TTA succeeds or fails.  Our fellow
Triumph enthusiasts will.  And since I don't have any stake in the auction
whatsoever, other than the emotional attachment I have from hatching the
idea all the work that's gone into tweaking the software and site design,
etc., I'm more than happy to sit in the passenger seat and see what happens.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
Jeff's Classic '67 Spitfire Mk3 site