Re: Electric fuel pump

To: sweisman@gis.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electric fuel pump
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 14:00:03 GMT
>From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
>To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Electric fuel pump
>Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 09:38:03 -0400
>
>Those of you that use a Facet fuel pump -- where did you mount it?  The
>instructions clearly state to keep it out of the engine compartment, or
>anywhere where the temperature exceeds 140F/60C.  They also state that you
>should not mount the pump higher than 12 inches above the bottom of the
>fuel
>tank
>
>I was going to mount it in the engine compartment, but now I'm rethinking
>the situation.  I could mount it in the rear on the frame, but I'd like to
>put a filter in front of it to remove crud from the fuel tank, and that
>makes the filter pretty inaccessible if I have to change it.  Where did you
>locate yours?   Did anyone ever measure the temperature in the engine
>compartment?
>
>Sumner Weisman
>62 TR3B TSF263L

  Sumner,

    I mounted mine in the trunk, in the spare tire well againgst the
    front bulkhead. It's lower than the bottom of the tank. My routing
    runs the line through a Fram competition fuel filter ahead of the
    pump. There's a length of rubber tubing ahead of the filter so I
    can clamp off the fuel should the pump need changing at some future
    date. The rest of the fuel line is steel until it gets to the
    engine compartment where it's braided flex line to the Rochester
    breakdown regulator and then on to the carbs (which were adapted
    for AN fittings)
    I've heard of people munting them on frame rails

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois      1962 TR4 (CT4852L)