Re: Electric fuel pump

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electric fuel pump
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 10:39:38 EDT
In a message dated 00-10-02 10:22:50 EDT, Herald948@aol.com writes:

<<
 In a message dated 10/02/2000 9:43:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
 sweisman@gis.net writes:

 > Those of you that use a Facet fuel pump -- where did you mount it?  The
 >  instructions clearly state to keep it out of the engine compartment, or
 >  anywhere where the temperature exceeds 140F/60C.  They also state that you
 >  should not mount the pump higher than 12 inches above the bottom of the
 fuel
 >  tank

I believe these types of pumps do a better job of pushing gas than pulling or
"sucking", so a mounting close to, and ideally, below the bottom of the tank,
works best.

I bought one of the solid state Purolator pumps at the local Pep Boys and
installed it on my TVR.   Seems  to work fine, but it sure makes much more
noise than I was expecting-- runs ALL the time.  I called the tech line at
Purolator and the guy told me yep, that's the way they work.  Do the Facet
pumps work the same way?

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA