RE: vacuum advance (Why have it?)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: vacuum advance (Why have it?)
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 19:11:12 -0700
Paul :

Not certain, but I believe the original retard port was positioned such that
the throttle plate moved across the port as it opened, effectively only
exposing the port to vacuum when the throttle was closed.  No bleed valve was
used.

I have no idea what kind of port your downdraft has, but the retard is pretty
useless in my book ...

Randall