Paint Mixing Artist

To: Triumph Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Paint Mixing Artist
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 01:07:44 -0700
Does anyone know a guy/gal in Southern California that is simply a
master at mixing paint?   I don't mean...  some guy that did a good job
on painting your car... I mean a guy that really has a reputation for
having an eye for color...   It's a rare breed.  (typically, he's not a
guy you discovered on your own, he's a guy that someone referred you
to... saying, "this guy is the best"...)

I have a certain color of paint that I want to achieve... based on a
relatively poor printed sample...   I'd like to find a guy that can
really do it.  Who has the eye and the heart, to get it right.

(I've tried those computer matching facilities... and they never get it
right... in fact... it's usually way off...  and my sample isn't large
enough for a lot of their scanners.)

This is a shot in the dark, but I thought I'd ask the group.

I have a good eye for color... and can mix pretty well... but I'm not a
master...and I don't have the various pigments, etc... for auto paint.

--Justin