Re: GT6 Roof Rack

To: naldous@ccgmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 Roof Rack
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 10:56:30 EDT
In a message dated 10/05/2000 10:45:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
naldous@ccgmail.com writes:

> Does anyone know of a roof rack that would work on a gt6?  I am thinking
>  about setting my car up in a paint scheme and setup such as a rally car.  I
>  wanted to put a crome or stainless rack on the roof to mount a couple of
>  lights as well as on the front bumber.

There was an "official accessory" luggage rack (AMCO, as I recall) for the
GT6. I have one that I used often on my GT6+. It was rather substantial and
required drilling four small holes in the rain gutter of the roof for
installation. But it could easily hold quite a bit of cargo. Of course, I've
not seen one of these in years (and I'm not looking to sell mine, either).

--Andy

Andrew Mace, President, The Vintage Triumph Register