Re: GT6 Roof Rack

To: naldous@ccgmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 Roof Rack
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:06:51 -0400
At 10:21 AM -0400 10/5/00, naldous@ccgmail.com wrote:
"I am thinking about setting my car up in a paint scheme and setup such as
a rally car.  I wanted to put a crome or stainless rack on the roof to
mount a couple of lights as well as on the front bumber."

Not to get real technical here, but most rally cars didn't have any
roof-mounted lights. The regulations have forbidden that for years. Cars on
the Safari rally have carried driving lamps mounted at the base of the
windscreen at the "A" pillar. Current rally rules state that all driving
lights can be mounted no higher than the base of the windscreen.

What would be too cool would be a set of Cibie Oscars made for the Porsche
911. They are in a pod that mounts to the bonnet. Would look perfect on the
GT6, along with a pair of Oscars mounted to the bumper.

--Phil
(I know way too much about rally cars for my own good.)