RE: GT6 Roof Rack

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GT6 Roof Rack
From: "Jeremy R. Kinney" <kinnejr@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 11:10:53 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <naldous@ccgmail.com>
Sorry for the late response.

Triumph dealers, through Amco, actually offered _two_ types of luggage racks
for the GT6.  The first was an all chrome affair that was available for the
Mark I and Mark II (+).  The second, pictured in the dealer brochure for the
Mark III, was chrome and had wooden slats that ran the length of the car.  I
assume that rack was available if it was in the brochure, but maybe the more
knowledgeable members of the list would know.

Through the VTR classifieds I found the early one for $100.00 last February.
I would like to have the second pattern rack so if you find one, I would
probably trade with you if you have a Mark I or GT6+.  I would also buy the
second pattern rack outright if need be.

As long as I am wishing, I would be interested in finding a set of the
bolt-on wire wheels as well.

Jeremy Kinney
'71 GT6 Mk III