Re: TR6 Frame questions

To: andylit@voyager.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Frame questions
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 14:23:34 GMT
>From: "Andrew H. Litkowiak" <andylit@voyager.net>
>To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: TR6 Frame questions
>Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 08:16:23 -0500
>
>Hello the list,
>
>I've located and purchased a fairly decent frame (thanks all).
>
>It still has a body attached (so-so condition).
>
>As an excersise in preperation for removing the good body from my old dead
>frame, I'm
>trying to get the cruddy tub off the good frame intact.
>
>It appears that there are removable frame sections fore and aft that
>conform to the curves
>of the body panels. It also appears that it will be impossible to remove
>the body without
>unbolting these frame sections. Is that correct?
>
>Should I unbolt the sections from the frame, remove the body, then remove
>the frame
>sections from the body?
>
>Or, am I completely missing something obvious?
>
>Andy Litkowiak

  Andrew,

    If the `6 is anything like the `4 let me give you a little heads up.
    When you remove either of the bodies, either leave the doors on and
    closed or make some sort of brace to go from the B pillar (back
    side of the door opening) to the A pillar (front part of the
    opening). This will keep the body straight at an inherently weak
    place. It doesn't matter what you use 2X4s or angle iron. Just make
    sure it's bolted securely.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)