Hayden Fan & Cooling

To: <anabil@caltel.com>
Subject: Hayden Fan & Cooling
From: Justin Paxton <justin@bexel.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 17:49:19 -0700
Cc: Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "J.T. Johnson" <j.j.johnson@worldnet.att.net>, Skip Kelsey <kelsey@shadetreemotors.com>, David Moag <moag@ix.netcom.com>, Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>, TA thorn <thorn@sonic.net>, <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
I purchased the Hayden puller fan, and would appreciate whatever tips you
can give about its installation, electrical considerations, use of the
thermostat on/off or hard line to a switch on the dash.  I hear you need to
drill holes in the radiator (tips -??), now I read you have to remove the
fan and there are resulting harmonic considerations.  What about the pulley
and the extension (hardware changes?).  I had the engine balanced with the
fan and extension assembly.  It would appear this would help vibration in
general, making the removal less of a concern (yes - no?).  Cooling on the
TR3 seems to be a recurring theme as is the addition of the Hayden fan.
Opinions on the success of this method to improve cooling are also welcome.
How about removing the T-stat and inserting a sleeve.  I hear in So Cal you
really don't need one and it helps cooling as well.
THX: Justin
'59 TR3A TS40984  Parts All Over The House