Re: Hayden Fan & Cooling

To: Justin Paxton <justin@bexel.com>
Subject: Re: Hayden Fan & Cooling
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 18:39:23 -0700
Cc: Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Justin, I just went through all of this. The hardest part was the
removal of the mechanical Fan and Hub, lots of turns on nyloc nuts.
I then used the same bolts/nuts to fasten the pulley back to the
pulley hub. The Hayden installation was very easy, the fasteners
simply push through the radiator and fasten with one way "washers"
for want of a better description.

In addition I added a heater core (small radiator) in front of the
stock radiator, putting it in series with the in car heater.  I also
sprang for an "original" thermostat from Moss.

All this appears to work, no more overheating, the engine runs much
smoother and stronger without the mechanical fan.
--
Bill Pugh
aka Wily