Stones

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stones
From: "Mike Smith" <Mike.Smith@bbdo.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 10:15:23 -0400
I'm not sure if this ever made it to the list as my email has been somewhat
iffy. If so, sorry, but if no, wonder if anyone can help.

Can anyone possibly give me their two cents worth on the following question?

I'm in the midst of a major frame-off on a TR3A I rescued from NY and am
currently finishing up the body underside before applying final paint and
flipping back right-side-up. It's currently in black tinted epoxy primer and
looks (at long last) great.
However, before putting on the final black shiny stuff, I wondered if there
were any schools of thought as to rock/stone chip protection for the fender
interiors? The car will be living down a couple of miles of unpaved road, and
will be driven (although I'm striving to get most of it to concours level). I'm
a little worried as to what the rather thin tires will do in peppering the
insides of the fenders, and had thought some form of protection (preferably
invisible) would be helpful.

Any thoughts on the subject would be most appreciated.

Many thanks,
Mike Smith