TR4 OD - Speedo Cable Attachment and Routing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 OD - Speedo Cable Attachment and Routing
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:07:00 -0400
Listers,

As I am planning for installing my reborn OD... it is a mystery to me exactly
how the cable gets attached to the OD... taking advantage of the rubber boot
turn space and then routes its way back to the speedo.

Do you have to drill a hole in the floor under the boot?  Does the floor edge
get cut away to open up the boot passage.  My floor is stock as as far as I
know... and there is no hole and no cutout.  In fact the fiberglass gearbox
cover is not cut for the rubber boot.  That is easly solved... but I don't
know how to proceed from there.  How does the cable make its way up to the
speedo?

I know this is a basic question, but I don't have a reference to go from.
None of the TR reference books that I have show this detail.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L soon to be "O" - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/Home.html
E-Mail: sanborn@net1plus.com