Re: Facet Fuel Pumps

Subject: Re: Facet Fuel Pumps
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:08:02 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Bob Lang wrote:

> Now, regarding shutoff. The oil pressure switch is a pretty good idea.
> Better still is a inertial switch. You can pay a bunch and buy one from
> one of the vendors out there, but I'm told that later Ford products use
> them and that you can get 'em for cheap $$$ at pick-and-pull.

FWIW, some early Bosch FI systems used a transistorized relay that
'listens' to the points, and only runs the pump when the engine is
turning.  Has the nice side effect that it automatically runs the pump
for a few seconds when the key is turned on.  Got mine from a 74 VW
Rabbit, cost $2 at "Pick Your Part".  The relay is distinctive in that
it has a fuse sticking out the top (which protects the wire to the
pump).

Randall