Re: Halogen panel lights

Subject: Re: Halogen panel lights
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:51:34 -0600
Jonmac wrote:

"Are you saying you can actually *see* the fuel and temp gauges at night
such that you get an instant and unequivocal reading in which there is
absolutely no shadow of doubt? If so, something is wrong.... "'Stock'
illumination levels should ideally be slightly the darker side of dim."

Great note. I think of the dash lights as a tail-light fuse indicator.*
A dim light also reduces my wife's awareness of things like speed -- a
good thing as she tends to comment when I go "too fast" AND "too slow."
In the TR4, with wind in her hair at night, how will she know if I'm cruising
at 30 in a 35 -- or 80 in a 65*. <g>

Of course, with the wandering speedo, how am I to know either?

*this indicator reminded me that I need a fusebox cover, BTW.

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO