Re: Fw: Is pale yellow kind of greenish?

To: Jossagiddlesworth <top_down@worldnet.att.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Is pale yellow kind of greenish?
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 21:48:52 -0700
    There is no hint of green in my pale yellow '60 TR-3A.  It's a yellow
tint, meaning it's yellow mixed with white.

    Joe Curry cites 82043 as the Ditzler number for Pale Yellow and the
Moss catalogue cites 81168. Joe emailed me that Ditzler numbers are
significant because PPG can match them.  Also, PPG can match the color of a
decent sample.

    John Cowan

At 03:13 PM 10/16/2000, you wrote:

>My painter offered me up a sample of pale yellow (for a 3A) that he derived
>from a 1959 Triumph paint chip.  Both the chip and the resulting sample seem
>very slightly green to me.  The pale yellow cars in the Piggott TR2-3 book
>all have more of a "buff" appearance.  Are there listers who have experience
>with original pale yellow who can confirm the greenish tint I'm talking
>about?  Is is possible that the paint chip changed color over the span of 40
>years?
>
>John Middlesworth
>1960 TR3A

     Forward this review to a friend.  To subscribe, send email to:
jfcowan@pacbell.net.  Check out previous reviews at:
http://home.pacbell.net/jfcowan