Re: RHD TR6

To: "Ed Hutchinson" <seah@sunyit.edu>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RHD TR6
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:30:56 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
There's a lister named Dave who lives in Ramona, CA with a RHD TR6.  I think
he's pretty pleased with it.  My own personal experience from driving a RHD
Spitfire...

Forget about passing someone on the highway unless you've got a GREAT view
of the road ahead.  You won't be able to see around the left side of their
car.

Getting smacked while turning left at an intersection will no longer place
your passenger in the most dangerous seat -- because you'll be occupying it.

The novelty of RHD is a lot of fun, but getting used to sitting in the right
side of the lane itself takes a bit of getting used to... My body wants to
be situated in the left half of the lane I'm driving in, so the natural
tendency is to drift a bit to the left, but after driving for a few weeks,
it's become a non-issue.

I get some strange stares when I back into the ATM lines, but other than
that, driving a RHD car in the U.S. is a real blast!

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 frame-off resto project
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and..The Totally Triumph Garage forums  -- moderated, focused, friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!