Re: RHD TR6

To: spitlist@gte.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RHD TR6
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 12:40:19 EDT

<< I wonder if that TD you drove is the one I brought back from England in
1973.  I always got a kick out of the looks that it attracted.  >>

Joe,

Well Joe, it was brought back from England but brought back new!  The owner
lives up the road from me.....I don't see him as often as I used to because
he's getting a little older now and doesn't get out as much but he has had it
ever since!  And, is it nice...whew....BRG with tan interior....I don't think
that it's been fully restored (frame-off-body) - just lots of TLC and a
garage.

He called me the night before a British car show in July and asked if he
could follow me up to the show (about 65 miles)....he didn't like to drive to
the longer distance shows alone and the local MG club guys drove too fast for
him....."too fast" and my Spitfire are seldom seen in the same sentence so I
was a perfect caravan companion!

He had some minor brake problems en-route - he adjusted new rear shoes too
tightly and the drums heated up - smoked a bit - after a brief pit top, we
continued....my reward was a few minutes behind the wheel....you know, having
an old MG of that vintage would really be a nice garage buddy for my TR6 when
it's finished wouldn't it....hmmmm, did I say that on the Triumph forum!!??

chip