Gaskets

To: <Eganb@aol.com>
Subject: Gaskets
From: Justin Paxton <justin@bexel.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 12:57:47 -0700
Cc: Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I asked the gasket question here recently and Permetex makes a "Hylomar"
gasket sealer that they say is pretty hip.  Also for your exhaust manifold
bots, find a product on the same aisle at Pep Boys called Never Seize.  Its
a silver spooge that smells a little weird but is made specifically for this
purpose.
THX: JP
'59 TR3A TS40984 "Parts All Over The House"

Re: And speaking of gaskets, what's the consensus these days about gasket
sealants?  For the sump gasket, timing cover gasket, and others, should I
just use a new gasket, or use a sealant as well?  And what gasket sealant do
folks prefer these days -- something from Permatex?

And should I coat the manifold bolts with anything special to help make it
easier if I have to remove them in the future?