grindy gears thank-yous

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: grindy gears thank-yous
From: "Boothroyd, Frank" <Frank.Boothroyd@northatlantic.nf.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:57:56 -0230charset="iso-8859-1"
Just a quick note of thanks to Phil Barnes, Michael Mason, Bob Paul and Bob
Westerdale.  Gentlemen, your input is greatly appreciated.   I will soon be
checking the clutch movement (once I can find someone to push the pedel
whilst I scrutinize) and inspecting the slave cylinder.

Actually, I was all prepared to remove the slave cylinder last night.  Beer
and factory manual in hand, I walked to the shed and popped the hood.  Turns
out the slave cylinder is on what we biologists call the "ventral surface"
of the car.  I can only work on things associated with the "dorsal surface"
since the car's not up on blocks yet.   (So I changed the heater valve and
hoses - a job I'd been putting off).

Thanks again.
Frank