Re: TR7; commercials

To: Douglas Hansen <spitfire4@ix.netcom.com>, SpeedSites@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR7; commercials
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 16:35:05 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I do remember the commercials. I wasn't old enough to drive when the TR-7
came out but I remember thinking they were cool. I also remember some chain
(Midas mufflers?) running a series of ads showing satisfied customers with
their cars. One customer called it (whatever they were selling) "A victory
for my Volvo", and another called it "A Triumph for my TR-7".

In any event, I think the TR-7 predates consumer videotape (Sony Betamax
and later VHS) by a couple of years, but I'm not positive. If you were
truly motivated I bet you could track down a copy on 3/4 tape and get it
transferred to a format you can use. Or email Speedvision and ask them when
they're going to play it again.

Cheers,

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com