Re: TR7; commercials

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR7; commercials
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 23:11:31 EST
In a message dated 10/27/00 12:59:49 PM Pacific Standard Time,
spitfire4@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< TR7- the shape of things to come.
 and then it had wedge shape garages for it.... even a wedge igloo.
 I must say I cant believe that they would go that far
 to advertise it!  (did anyone laugh?) >>

I thought that commercials were great.  I remember the wedge shaped garage
and the wedge shaped tractor trailer spot.  In this one, the TR7 drives into
the trailer while tractor is driving down the road.

Were the spots memorable?  Yes.  Did they sell product? Seems they didn't.

Remember the "Joe Isuzu" ads? They got the Isuzu name in front of the public
but sales didn't increase.  Sales were so low Isuzu stooped importing cars
into the US, now they only sell trucks.

Harold

P.S. Who has never owned a Brit car, unless you count the Nash Metropolitan (
Brit drive line, MG?)  by brother bought and had me fix.