Re: TR7; commercials

To: "Douglas Hansen" <spitfire4@ix.netcom.com>, <SpeedSites@aol.com>
Subject: Re: TR7; commercials
From: "Mark the Shark" <markie@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 19:42:58 -0400charset="Windows-1252"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I can't tell you how many people look at my car and the first thing they
start telling me is that commercial from the 70's.  When I'm talking to
someone on the phone and tell them I have a TR8 and they ask me "what is
that?".  I tell them it looks like a TR7 and they ask me "what is that?".
Then I say do you remember the commercial back in the 70's that had the car
driving in those wedge shaped garages, "the shape of things to come"?  Then
I hear the light bulb coming on and they say "oh yeah, I remember that",
"you own one of those".

Great commercial, people remember it after all these years (even if they
don't remember the car). The Shape of Things to Come ad campaign is also
very memorable (not to mention being very prophetic).  Too bad B/L didn't
have the same savvy with just about everything else they did.

Hey, I could start another flame war.  The TR7 commercial was better than
any other Triumph commercial!  Actually, I don't remember another Triumph
commercial.  :-)

1981 TR8 DHC FI
Raleigh, NC