Re: Fwd: All Triumphs Are Created Equal-Was TR7 "Design"

Subject: Re: Fwd: All Triumphs Are Created Equal-Was TR7 "Design"
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 00 11:36:49 -0700
Cc: "triumphlist" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>ask "why do you have three?" and I answer "Because my wife won't let me
>have four!"

I have a question.  Something I've never understood....

How come, if a man gets "into" cars he needs another, then another and is
never satisfied until his yard looks like a specialized wrecking yard.
Then he starts thinking about moving to a place with a larger yard and
outbuildings to store more.

I've seen it time after time.

I KNOW how much work it takes to keep an old British car in good running
condition and the work involved in just bringing one from the brink of
being crushed back into nice runner condition.  I had to give up and sell
my third car because I only had time to keep two in good running
condition.

So what is it?  Why do men NEED to have a jillion cars in the yard??
Most people I've seen with a yard full of cars have a few kinda running
and most deteriorating like they would be abandoned on a field.

I can understand the toys if they were all working and you could play
with them all and keep all of them in good condition.  But why collect
broken toys that you will never have the time to fix?  Or so many toys
that they all go down hill?

If you are just trying to collect the whole set why collect duplicates?
Why collect ones in real poor condition when you do not have the time &
resources to bring them back into good condition, why collect ones you do
not have inside space to protect them from the elements?

I know it is a man thing but no one has taken the time to explain what is
really going on inside those cute little heads.

Why is it REALLY that so many of my British car loving friends have a
yard full of nonfunctional cars slowly rusting away...then bring home yet
another????

TeriAnn

         Http:www.shadow-catcher.net

Original photographs to view and purchase.