RE: Quality back in 78

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Quality back in 78
From: Davies William-qswi646 <William.M.Davies@motorola.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 13:35:50 -0000

A friend of the family recalled rust holes patched with filler inside the
wings of his Hillman - he bought that one new, the filler was there when it
was sold to him!
Repaints were a fairly common occurence, and I would assume still happen
where there is damage caused during manufacture. Remember that the 1970's
were the era of mass strikes in the British motor industry, with stockpiles
of unfinished bodyshells sat in the open air for weeks on end due to factory
shutdowns. Not really surprising that defects neede correction before cars
were sold,
        Cheers,
                Bill.

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupe Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupe
=====U==============U=====  1960 Herald 948 Saloon 100% Original
 | |                  | |   1961 Herald 1200 Coupe
 |_|                  |_|   1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
                            1959 Standard Atlas Pickup
Join The Herald Mailing List at: